Aavegotchi Ecosystem Grants launches to support game development, dapps and moar!
Apply for support to build the GotchiGame of your dreams!
Following the success of the very first Aavegotchi Game Jam, Pixelcraft Studios is excited to announce the launch of the Aavegotchi Ecosystem Grants program.
Since Aavegotchi NFTs launched in March, we’ve seen an explosion of growth in the total market size of Aavegotchi, the amount of developers building on top of the protocol, and the number of minigames with Aavegotchis at the helm. We want to continue to encourage this momentum by supporting individuals, entrepreneurs, and teams of all sizes, where a relatively small grant can help achieve greatness.
Two Grant Tracks
This first cohort will see funding devoted to those who develop DApps within the following two main tracks:
This track is open for anyone creating games from scratch or building on what has already been accomplished with game jam projects. Notably, this track has grants funding provided by Pixelcraft Studios and matched by our frens at Polygon Studios and Moralis.
To apply, be ready to demonstrate how you will develop a server secure game with the intention of getting it listed in the Aarcade when the platform releases toward the end of the year.
We suggest structuring your development sprints into two parts. The first being a proof of concept/demo to use for an XP event during the second season of Rarity Farming. This will give you an opportunity to test and validate your game idea before developing it further.
This track is supported by Pixelcraft Studios and Moralis and is meant for every DApp, analytics platform, or viral gotchi experience that you have in mind to build. The scope is simply limited to funding the development of DApps that provide value to the Aavegotchi Ecosystem.
To apply for this track you need to be able to validate the value the DApp provides to the ecosystem, and describe the business viability which will enable the project to sustain itself in the long term.
Grants will range in size between 500 DAI to 5,000 DAI and will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The status and progress of the team’s MVP (or previous projects).
- The execution capability of the team (or individual).
- The extent and use of Aavegotchi/web3 features.
- The benefit the project provides to Aavegotchi ecosystem participants
- Potential for the project’s longevity and /or business viability.
- The efficiency of the capital / grant usage.
Half the grant will be rewarded upon acceptance, the second half of the grant will be rewarded on self-imposed milestone completion.
Any team/individual can apply for a second grant on completion of their first grant. For example, if you are applying to the minigame track, we suggest applying for a smaller grant to develop a server secure proof of concept which can be used for an XP event. And then afterwards applying for another grant to take the game further.
Besides the details already mentioned, there are no strings attached. Your code remains yours.
How to apply
We aim to make this process as quickly as possible, so you can continue focusing on #BUIDLing your project.
To apply for a grant, fill in this typeform with the following details
- Names and links of your team members (e.g. twitter/linkedIn/etc).
- Role or specialty of each member (e.g. full stack dev, solidity dev, designer).
- Describe what you are building in 1–3 sentences.
- Describe how this contributes to the Aavegotchi Ecosystem or how it helps Aavegotchi ecosystem participants (in 1–3 sentences).
- Describe how you will ensure your project’s viability / turn it into a business (in 1–3 sentences).
- Describe the grant size you are requesting and why (in 1–3 sentences). Note: lower grant amounts are preferred and show how efficient you can be with the capital.
- Any links to your MVP, source code, or previous projects.
We will get back to you within 14 days of receiving your submission to either request more information, set up a meeting, or give you a decision on your grant application.
What we’re looking for
This is quite an open-ended grant program, so as long as your project contributes to the Aavegotchi ecosystem or helps Aavegotchi ecosystem participants in some way, you can apply.
Ready to start building?
Fill in the typeform below to apply!
Apply now👉 Link
We’re excited to see what you come up with!
Stay spooky frens!