An initiative to boost Gotchi’s rarity scores as they age is now live for voting!
Hey frens, today we are excited to be publishing a new Aavegotchi Improvement Proposal (AGIP) that is born out of passionate brainstorming across the AavegotchiDAO channels.
The CoreProp vote for this AGIP is now live and ready for voting. Before you vote, please read the proposal thoroughly and consider the new Discussion Thread dedicated to this vote. Take special note of the “updates” section highlighted below, where the author explains the limited changes that exist between the original Signal Proposal and this final Core Proposal. After that, head to the Snapshot link below to vote!
CoreProp discussion thread: https://dao.aavegotchi.com/t/coreprop-agip13-gotchi-aging-discussion-thread/2362
👇 Now onto the Proposal 👇
Core Proposal: AGIP13 — Add an Aging Mechanic to affect Aavegotchi rarity scores
Gotchi ID: 15560
🔥 XP Reward: 20 XP for each Aavegotchi in voter’s wallet
Original Signal Proposal: https://snapshot.org/#/aavegotchi.eth/proposal/QmU4WLexfVT8sXz4XzHqDgXPFhFvK7wRSpBPjxUtktzdZe
IMPORTANT: Please note that further voting on the above SigProp will *not* qualify your Aavegotchis for XP, as the proposal has already been upgraded!
Quorum requirement: 20% (roughly 7.5M according to aavegotchi.com/quorum)
Vote Differential: 10%
The CoreProposal: AGIP13 Introduce Aging Mechanic
*All information from this point forward is verbatim the Core Proposal.
Key differences from SigProp to CoreProp:
**A short list of notable adjustments have been made from the SigProp and are highlighted here with this update:
- The implementation will be slightly modified to use the available onchain data of birth block timestamp as opposed to block number, with epoch times predetermined using the same fibonacci intervals proposed in the sigprop and the current average block time. This makes the implementation much simpler, allows for predictable timelines (since a block time denominator would be constant, as opposed to variable based on chain activity), as well as ensures the functionality of the mechanic should any potential cases of architecture or blockchain network changes occur in the future. The petting time intervals already function using real time, so a precedent for this exists.
- The 10 BRS cap is removed. The fibonacci intervals themselves act as a natural cap, as the time to reach further epochs approximates an exponential function. For example, it will take over 4 more years to get an additional BRS bonus (+11 total), then 6.5 years for another, then 10.5 years, etc.
- The implementation would go live prior to the beginning of Rarity Farming Season 2. One of the goals of aging is to provide a short term buffer to the effects of statistical variance once a new haunt is released. For Haunt 1’s to be able to experience any of this benefit at all, the implementation must go live as soon as possible, as by the middle of season 2 H2’s will already be mostly caught up to the H1 bonus, with only a 1–2 BRS difference.
AGIP13 — Aavegotchi Aging Mechanic
This sigprop proposes a small BRS boost to gotchis as they age, to counteract statistical variance between haunts and reward long term engagement.
As new haunts are released, whether or not they include a bug fix that impacts gotchi trait generation, a strong dilution of existing high BRS gotchis occurs. Due to the nature of rarity farming and its rewards, this dilution is exclusively felt by those who invested heavily into older haunts, and who may not have the desire to sell due to emotional attachment, the means to invest more, or the ability to “flip” their way (due to local tax laws) into higher BRS gotchis from the newer haunts. Furthermore, very significant statistical variance can occur in new haunts, making it near impossible to make long term financial decisions, as the variance can render previous haunt gotchis all but obsolete. This leaves far too much entirely up to “luck”.
The Aging Mechanic is a proposal, initially introduced by Tistou on discord, that is designed to address all of the above mentioned issues, as well as create an interesting new dynamic of Aavegotchis that can be built upon in the future (age limits for activities, wearables, new appearance qualities, etc). It provides a buffer of approximately 6 months during which older gotchis have a BRS boost over newly summoned gotchis. As newly summoned gotchis age, they quickly begin to catch up to their older counterparts.
In the spirit of using numbers occurring in nature, the formula is modeled after the Fibonacci numbers x 1 million, but replacing the first 0 with a 1 to better fit the use case. Specifically, the first 10 Fibonacci numbers (replacing the first 0) are 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, the sum of which is 89. Following this formula would mean +1 BRS after 1 million blocks, then another +1 BRS after 2 million blocks, another +1 BRS after 3 million blocks, another +1 BRS after 5 million blocks, …, up to a final sum of +10 BRS after 89 million blocks (approx 6.5 years using average block time of 2.3 seconds — the average since May 1st).
List of first 10 epochs (cumulative BRS boost -> # of blocks elapsed since birth):
+1 -> 1 million
+2 -> 2 million
+3 -> 3 million
+4 -> 5 million
+5 -> 8 million
+6 -> 13 million
+7 -> 21 million
+8 -> 34 million
+9 -> 55 million
+10 -> 89 million
This solution provides for a quicker boost in the first few epochs of age, and greatly flattens over time to avoid anything too OP and allow more recently summoned gotchis to eventually catch up to within a 1 BRS boost of their older and wiser brethren. It incentivizes opening and summoning portals as opposed to sitting on them, both boosting the in-game economy as well as the scarcity of those that are still chosen to remain closed. Most of all, it is a fair system that benefits no one haunt over any other, and simply rewards long term engagement, while counteracting the effects of sudden and aggressive dilution like we are currently witnessing.
- Yes, implement aging incentives
- No, do not impelment aging right now
This CoreProp is live for voting right now on Snapshot!
We are incredibly proud of the community for organically reaching quorum for this SigProp. AavegotchiDAO, you are the most active DAO in the world, and we look forward to seeing more great proposals like this one.
Stay spooky frens!